Monday, July 5, 2010

Twenty-five Random Things ~ Part 1

I recently found a list of "Twenty-five Random Things About Me" that I compiled back in January of 2009. It's one of those Facebook lists that goes around from time to time. Someone sends you a list with info about themselves and you make up your own list. You then send it back to them and on to your other Facebook friends.

The info on your list can be funny, interesting and even surprising. As I now look over my list, 18 months later, it is neat to see what is the same and what has changed.

I thought it would be fun to share it here on my blog as an opportunity for you to learn a little bit more about silly me. I've gone ahead and made new comments under each random thing on the list. So, what I wrote in 01/09 is in bold and my follow-up comments today are in italics.


Ready? Here are numbers 1 - 12:

1. I do not like random- I like planned and organized
~ True - but why did I even do a random list? And, I think I should add that I also like to have a routine.

2. My favorite food is chocolate. I believe chocolate is an actual food because it's made from seeds from a tree, just not sure if it should be classified as a fruit or vegetable (they grow on trees, too, - so no I'm not silly)
~ I'm standing by my beliefs on this one... as I eat a double fudge chocolate brownie.

3. When I'm sick I hate having a stuffed-up nose.
~ Why I shared this I do not know. Pretty random though don't you think?

4. I have two tattoos - one of which I designed- and I got them when I was 50 yrs old. (Yes they hurt)
~I've found that people who don't have tattoos usually will ask if it hurt

5. I do not like to journal/blog. I prefer verbal communication. Although I like to read other's blogs.
~ This one makes me chuckle.... I heart blog land! I enjoy blogging!!

6. Love iced coffees and hot or iced lattes - carmel, mocha and white chocolate are my favs.
~ Adding McDonald's Frappe to the list

7. I miss my Kyle every day.
~ This will never change

8. I love Facebook so I can keep up with friends and how they are doing/ what's going on in their lives.
~ Even though I still go on Facebook at least once a day... it just seems to be more or less the same stuff day after day. Not so much in love with it any more.

9. I love music - especially praise & worship at church.
~ Still love music. And Praise & Worship is the best! Some extra randomness: I also like Christian rap/hip-hop. Even have taken a liking to some Country music.

10. I like to read- but I mostly like books that I read for a purpose rather than entertainment. Books that have a message, meaning, are life changing.
~ This one hasn't changed much. I did recently read "The Shack" and enjoyed it a lot. I'm now reading "Crazy Love".

11. I want to learn how to quilt. Sounds like a boring thing. But, I want to make a memory quilt from Kyle's shirts.
~ Still haven't learned how to quilt. But, I've decided to make a rag quilt out of his shirts. It sounds a lot easier than traditional quilting. Hope to get started on it soon.

12. I do not like heights. No higher than say the roof of my house.
~ To clarify: I do not get on the roof. Only go high enough on a ladder to paint or clean gutters.


Any questions? Does it make you want to share a few random facts about yourself with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.