Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy Monday Morning ~ He Holds Us Close

Hi friend!!!


Happy Monday Morning! 

It's my first Happy Monday Morning to you for 2015!
 

 
A few days ago, as I read a couple of verses in Isaiah, the middle part of one verse created a picture in my mind. One that brought comfort, joy, peace and love for my Jesus straight to my heart.
 
I knew it was gonna be a HMM verse and I couldn't wait to share it with you.
 
 
 
"He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11
 
 

I was able to find a picture on Photobucket {not sure who to give credit to} that pretty much matched what I imagined when I read that verse.

Yay! That makes it easier to "show" you what I mean.

As I spent a few minutes thinking about this verse, it brought back memories of years ago of me as a mom to two active little boys. If one fell down and got hurt I'd hear his cries and run to him, scoop him up in my arms, hold him close to my heart and comfort him the best I could until he settled down. Then I would check the boo-boo and see how bad it was. Whether some first aid was required or just a mommy-kiss-to-make-it-all-better, I'd do what was necessary to dry his tears and put a smile back on his sweet face. Then there were tender words spoken to remind him of my love and probably a few more not so tender words to remind him to be more careful {especially son #2} as I sent him back out to play.

I let some more memories of being those two little guy's mommy play out in my mind ...... and that's when my heart filled with love for Jesus.

You see friend, there's a connection here with how I would comfort my kiddos and how Jesus comforts us.

When life trips me up and I fall, get hurt and cry out I know He hears me and comes to me. He picks me up in his arms and holds me close to his heart. He comforts me until I settle down. We check to see how bad the boo-boo really is. Maybe I just need a reminder to be more careful or there is some first aid required {both of which can easily be found in His Word}. Whatever the need is to comfort me He readily gives it.

Oh how He loves me.
Oh how He loves you, too.

So, next time you fall, just call out to Jesus. I know I sure will.

Love ya, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.