Saturday, January 22, 2011

To Thine Own Self......

I just can't do it.  I can't pick my word.  My "One Word for 2011".  Nope it's not gonna happen.

It's not that I can't think of some good words. It's not like I can't think of some areas in my life that need to change. And I really did want to play along here in blog land. Maybe even link up with another blogger who is week by week featuring our words.

I.
Just.
Can't.

The truth is I had a word. Even made a cute acrostic for it. But than I felt like it wasn't the right word. So, I chose another one. No cute acrostic to go with this one.  And no problem there, I was going to ask you for acrostic ideas. Some of you were very clever doing this when you made comments for my give-away last year.

However, for the past week I have tried a number of times to write about my word. Last night after sitting here again - for almost an hour - I stopped and shared with hubby my frustration.

His thinking was to stop blogging. So ummm yea, he still doesn't get this whole blog land thing I've been enjoying.

After praying about it a bit I realized what my problem was. Once I knew that, it was easy to figure out the solution. I simply need to: be true to myself!

When I do that I also stay true to my purpose in sharing here at "Finding Hope & Joy". I realize now that that's when it's been the easiest to write. I really enjoy sharing with you about the lessons learned, goofs by silly me and even the pain as I live out my life's story. In some ways it's like sitting down and chatting with a friend.

You see,  I'm not a writer. Never have been. I didn't like creative writing in high school. Give me a topic to write on and forget it - literally. I get brain freeze. Not the kind I get from those yummy frozen frappe drinks. Nope, I just can't figure out what I want to say or how to say it. Pretty funny don't ya think - for someone who has the "gift of gab"?! 

Before I left for work this morning I had some extra time so I sat down to write share with you what I had discovered last night. I've now spent another maybe thirty minutes and am almost finished. No frustration. No wondering if what I'm saying is ok. 

Just sitting here with - yep,you guessed it: a warm cup of mocha flavored coffee.  And you friend! Ahhh {big sigh}... this is what Finding Hope & Joy is supposed to be about.

One more thing..... I'm wondering if you ever get caught up with something others are doing? And try it even if it's not something you'd normally enjoy.... and keep trying even if you get frustrated doing it?  (please tell me I'm not the only one) If you do, well, all I can say to that is: to thine own self be true.

Just be the you God created you to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.