Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sometimes it's just the little things ~ Part 1

The last few weeks I have come to the conclusion that sometimes it's just the little things in life that can make all the difference.

While I was giving my blog it's facelift I told hubby I needed to get a sunflower. Then he could take a picture. Then I could use that picture to make my grab button for my blog. I'm not sure he totally understood why I needed to go get a sunflower or what a grab button was.

He was so sweet to go with me to the store on a Sunday afternoon. He knew how hard I was working to pretty up my blog. Of course, me being me, we needed to take my picture by the back fence before the sun went down. And so he went outside and took the perfect picture for me. Actually, he took about ten to give me a selection to pick the "perfect" picture from. After 34 years of marriage he knew I would definitely need more than one picture. He realized long ago that I am a bit of a perfectionist.

When we were done I put the sunflower, in it's cheap little pot, out on my back porch. I could see it from my kitchen window. I watched the buds turn into flowers. And each time I looked out there I smiled at my little sunflower. I can't explain it, but it made me happy just seeing it sit out there.

I never really knew what a happy flower the sunflower is. But, I think it made me smile more because of what it represented to me. It was just a little thing that my husband went out to the store with me. It was just a little thing for him to take the pictures. Ummm... and maybe not such a little thing that he was patient to get supper a wee bit late that evening. All of this shows me in little ways that he loves me in a big way.

Now, when I sign on to my blog I see the happy little sunflower button I made and I smile. It's a sense of accomplishment for me. Before entering "blogland" I didn't even know what an HTML was, never mind how to edit it. It also reminds me that I've been blessed with a great hubby.

Sometimes, it's just the little things - that makes us smile, feel joy, bring hope and know we are loved.

So friend, I am wondering.... can you think of a little thing that has brought you joy? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.