Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I am a follower and........

Hi friend!

Today I'm writing more for myself than to you. I need to document something. I felt the need to document that on August 21, 2012 I've made a decision.

I am no longer a fan. I am a follower.

You see friend, I've just finished reading the book "not a fan." by Kyle Idleman.

Wow! Life changer!

In the last chapter he writes: "Many fans say to Jesus, 'I will follow. Anything and everything I have, I give to you.' But Jesus points to what you're hiding behind your back and says, 'What about that?'"

OK! That was it! {a little Aha moment}

All through the book I've been trying to figure out if I'm a fan or a follower. And trying to figure out what the difference is.

Maybe I'm a little of both?

But no. Today I get it. You can't be both. Not even a little bit.

Today I've surrendered ALL. Again.

Yea, again.

I surrendered all to Jesus as a teen when I was saved. And there have been a few times when I've felt the need to recommit my life to Him.

But, today I'm not just surrendering.  
I'm choosing to follow.

I am a follower and ....
.... I'm not hiding anything behind my back. {At least that I'm aware of. I've asked Jesus to point it out to me if I am.}
.... I'm not crossing my fingers or giving a little *wink*.

So, I don't know what this will change in my life. Don't think I'm running off to be a missionary in China or India.

Although I have been thinking about going on a short missions trip with a church group. Hmmmm...... if He leads that way I'll follow.

Actually, it's exciting and freeing.

Will it be hard? probably at times
Will it be good? you betcha
Will it be worth it? absolutely

Hey friend, this might not make total sense. Like I said, I'm just documenting this for me. So, might I suggest you read the book for yourself?

Are you a fan or a follower? {you're not hiding anything behind your back now are you?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,
    Guess I never thought about my walk with the Lord in those terms, Fan or Follower. I think I'm sort of making that decision too right now. I am free to follow and that is what I am seeking to do with my entire life and what is left of it if He allows me to hang around a bit longer! Guess that will be the next book I read...I've been learning much from "God Calling", it's an old book that a friend just gave me. Lots to learn, glad He's patient with me. Thanks for the thoughts.
    Miss you!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.