Sunday, June 17, 2012

Even Before I Knew I Needed It

Hey there sweet friend! I needed to share something with you today.

Do you know that God loves us so much that sometimes He gives us what we need even before we know we need it?

Yep, He does. I know because it just happened to me. 

On Friday, right before noon, I received an email from sweet Melanie, at Only A Breath, telling me that she was gonna use my post about giving over at her place.

To say I was excited is an understatement. Wow!
I was chosen to be a guest poster! {I know, "poster" kinda sounds strange}

During lunch I quickly made sure my place here in blog land was all nice and pretty and ready for any company that might stop by. In fact, I hadn't yet posted my "One Bag Full" here at FH&J.  That's almost like inviting friends over and than not being home when they show up. Bad. Very bad.

After posting it, I did the next logical thing and shared my news on Facebook.
And than I called my mom.

I was so excited all afternoon. Someone (other than mom), someone I'd never met, liked what I wrote.

Before leaving work I checked in at "Only A Breath" and saw there was a comment left by Tereasa.

Of course, I had to visit her place in bloggy land -   His Pen on My Heart.
Oh my! What a beautiful place she has. She sounds like a wonderful, precious lady. And she can really write.

I soon found myself thinking things like ....
.... "Who am I kidding?"
.... "I can't write like that!"
.... "I'm just "me" who shares regular stuff in my life. She's wonderful and a good writer with really good things to say."

Do you believe that the devil was already trying to ruin my joy?

But God stepped in! Oh how He loves us!

He knew what was coming and had already given me what I'd need.
Before I knew what excitement the day would bring.
Before I had even started to become discouraged.

~ I've been reading "A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope. So many things I'd been reading could apply right then and there - discouragement, comparisons, inferiority, etc.  The Lord brought it to mind and I quickly saw what was happening with my negative thinking.

~ That morning I wished a dear friend Happy Birthday via FB. She wrote back to thank me and added how much she enjoyed reading my blog.

~ My Aunt Karen commented on FB after seeing the news about me being a guest poster. She likes that I share from my heart and is sure that's what others respond to.

~ In her email to me, Melanie, said that the Lord used my story to encourage her.

Do you see it?!
Each bit of help and encouragement - the book, FB comments, the email - was given before my joy was almost stolen.

Even before I knew I needed it.

So there devil! {sticking tongue out}

God loves me! I will not compare myself to others! I like my cute place here in bloggy land. And I'll continue to share what God is doing in my life.

I really enjoy writing sharing with you friend.
Hopefully, you're blessed, encouraged or I've brightened your day in some way whenever you stop by.

Please friend always remember:
God truly loves YOU! One way He shows us this is when He gives us what we need before we even know we need it. I just think it's so cool that He does that for us. How many times do we not recognize what He's done?

And here's a bit of a challenge for you:
Be on the lookout for this to happen to you, too.

And when it does I'd love for you to leave me a comment and let me know. 

BTW ~The hardest thing about writing the guest post was keeping it to under 500 words. I definitely have more than that to say at any one time. *giggle*  One friend used to say "OK Debbie, give me the Reader's Digest version".  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.