Friday, January 20, 2012

Top 10 JOY Givers

Today I'm heading over to Bonnie's to join in her weekly Faith Barista Jam.



I'm a little late since her jam sessions happen on Thursday. But, she's really great and won't mind if I stop by a little late.

Our one word topic is: JOY 

No rules - just write. 
And as Bonnie says-  "Keep it real". 

I love that JOY is our word this week! My little place here in bloggy land was started because I wanted to share how I was finding hope & joy again after the tremendous grief of losing my son in 2007.

I think joy is definitely a feeling. It can be subtle or strong. Joy can even bring a person to tears.


It's synonyms are....
.... happiness,
.... peace,
.... contentment
.... and chocolate. *wink*


So, for today, I think I want to just list a few of the things in my life that bring me joy.
And how about..... oh, let's say .....  how about 10. The top ten things that bring me joy. 


My top 10 JOY givers:{in no particular order}

1. spending time with Hubby  
He truly is my BFF. Whether he's following me around the store as I hunt for fabrics for a quilt, or we're watching TV after dinner, as long as we're spending time together it brings me a happy feeling. In fact, our favorite place to be? simply together

2. someone actually wanting to pay me to make them a quilt 
That's part of my "God-sized Dream" I wrote about last year. It's an exciting kind of joy.

3. chillaxing & counting
Usually, this is done with a cup of flavored coffee and maybe some chocolate. {just saying that seems to help the process} And than to sit quietly and count my blessings. However, I don't sit still for long. I give it about as long as it takes me to finish that yummy cup of coffee. Yet, sitting still and thinking of how blessed I am brings me a sweet joy.

4. crafts / DIY 
A few projects I've done lately: quilting, painting & distressing a shelf, and making a boring white lampshade simply beautiful. The whole process - from choosing the colors to the final product gives me a joyful satisfaction. {hopefully, I'll share the joy and post some pictures soon}

5. family 
Life is fragile and sometimes too short. I really have an appreciation for spending time with my mom, son and daughter-in law. Even just a phone call can bring me joy.
6. singing praise & worship songs in church
When I'm singing songs to Jesus my hearts fill with joy and I sing louder (hope that doesn't ruin the joy of others around me). Sometimes as I'm singing,  I realize I'm standing there, singing loudly,  with a huge grin on my face. What can I say? I love praising Jesus.

7. the beach
Aaahhhh. Peaceful sigh. The beach brings a very peaceful and almost soothing kind of joy to my soul.  This past summer we had a wonderful week at Siesta Key. I actually found myself sighing - peaceful and content little sighs - as I'd look out our condo window and view the beach across the street.  aaahhhhhh

8. answered prayer
Nothing like knowing that God heard my prayer and has taken the time to show me His answer. Woo Hoo!

9. knowing I'm loved
It's a great feeling knowing I'm loved by God and my family. They know me the best and still love me. Wow! That kind of joy settles down in my heart and brings thankfulness.


There you have it! Numbers 1 thru 9.
Almost done.
And number 10? 

10. YOU
You taking time to visit me here. Thank you!

So hey! I'd love to know a few things that bring you JOY. 
Go ahead, leave a comment. 

And that would be number 11 - your comments always have a way of bringing me JOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.