Sunday, December 31, 2017

What a Loooonnngggg Pause It's Been!

Hey there friend!

It's been so very long since I was here. I never got to share one single thing with you in 2017.

The funny thing is that my One Word for 2017 was PAUSE. 

No, I never thought it would be a year long pause from sharing life with you all here in blog land. 





Yep, I succeeded this year with truly focusing on my One Word. And in more ways than one. Actually, I didn't really have a choice. I had to learn to pause.

2016 ended with a BANG! Like literally!

The day after Thanksgiving I tripped at work and my face hit the tile floor. Broken nose, loose teeth, sprained wrist and various bruising were the least of it. It was the cognitive and memory issues I experienced from a concussion that forced me to learn to pause.

It took a few months to recover. And at one point, after weeks of slowly but surely feeling like the post concussion symptoms were almost gone they came back. Scary stuff!

Once again, through it all God was faithful, hubby was patient and encouraging and I'm thankful to now only have a "concussion brain" moment once in a while. 

So let's get you caught up with a few things that happened while I was learning to pause. 

Here are some things from 2017 (still can't believe a year's gone by) and leading into the New Year -

* In February I celebrated my 60th birthday. {so maybe some of my "concussion moments" should now be considered "senior moments"} 

* Hubby and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary in October. {after all this time I refer to him as my "hunk-a-munk-a" and he calls me his "hot tamale"} 

*In November it was 10 years since Kyle went to live with Jesus in heaven {still miss him every day but am ten years closer to seeing him again}

* On 1/10/18 it will be eight years since I posted for the first time here at Finding Hope & Joy!


I have my One Word for 2018 already chosen and I hope to get back here much more often in the coming year. 

So friend - Happy New Year!! I sure hope you'll drop by often in 2018. Lord willing I'll be here -sharing life to encourage you


Love ya,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.