Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lesson of the Week ~ The Old Switch-a-Roo

Hello friend! I just wanted to share a little something I learned this week.

Did you know you can trade your stress for hope & joy? Yep, you sure can. All you have to do is pull a little switch-a-roo?

Now, maybe you already know how. I thought I did. However,  this past week I found out if I did know this little trick I must have forgotten it.

This week  I was trying to figure out what to do next to fulfill my dream of selling quilts, pillows and such.

I kept asking the Lord to please show me what to do....
.... open my etsy shop by the end of the month like I had planned? or no etsy shop?
.... wait until I get some orders by word-of-mouth and see how that goes?
.... what about a few cute ideas I have that would be fun to make and add to my shop's product line?

The Lord was silent. I wanted to follow. Just needed Him to lead. Nope. Nothing.
That was getting a bit stressful.... not only the not knowing what to do, but also the not hearing what to do.

Why was the Lord being so secretive about this?

And then I had a little "A-ha!" moment. Silly me. He had already shown me.

I needed to make the quilts and pillows with the fabrics He had already supplied. There wasn't a next step until I completed this one. There wasn't a need for other things, no matter how cute, to make right now. 

A second little "A-ha!" moment came when I recalled my one little word for last year ~ trust. And then this year's word ~ peace.

When I finally realized He has led me this far and no further I knew all I needed to do was trust. He will show me when and if I'm to open that etsy shop. Ahhh.... such peace in just following and trusting one step at a time.

So, friend, here's my formula for a switch-a-roo  to trade stress for joy:

Take your stress and by faith trade it for trust.
Trusting will bring clarity which will bring peace.
Now just relax. That peace will bring hope & joy.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.