Sunday, July 13, 2014

Everything Beautiful in its Time

Hey there friend!

When I read the following quote in our sermon notes this morning I knew right away
that I wanted to share it with you.

"One day, someone is going to hold you so tight, 
that all of your broken pieces will stick back together."


photo found on Photobucket

When I read it, it literally brought a tear to my eye and a sad but knowing smile to my heart.

I know that events in life sure can make you feel like you've been broken into a million pieces.

Whether it's caused by something-
- physical from sickness, accident or disease
- or emotional from grief, depression or stress
life sometimes can feel like it's almost more than we can bear and we get broken.

In my notes this morning, I changed the small "s" to a capital "S" in the word someone. Because there is Someone who truly is able to hold me so tight it's like the pieces of my broken heart feel like they're put back together.

How do I know? Because that's what Jesus has done for me. 

When my son died it felt like my heart was smashed into a million pieces. But, over time as I've trusted the One who is forever faithful and totally sovereign, my broken heart has been mended.

Of course like a vase that was once shattered and glued back together there are chips, scars and a few missing pieces.  

But, as I'm held tight, hopefully two things are true -
the scars are a testament of God's grace and faithfulness
and His light shines through the empty places that are left in my heart.

Oh friend I so want you to know that there truly is Someone who loves YOU!
And He wants to hold you so your broken pieces stick back together.


 "He has made everything beautiful in it's time."
Ecclesiastes 3:11



 Today I'm ->





* Linking up over at 
Barbie's place in bloggy land 
for some  Weekend Brew







 and Praising the One who holds my heart!

Love ya, 

4 comments:

  1. It's so comforting to know that I a held in the strong arms of Jesus! Thanks for linking up with The Weekend Brew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbie! Hope you had a blessed weekend! Thanks for letting me know you stopped by.

      Delete
  2. Often, I think God allows us to go through very difficult times in order for us to truly comprehend how He loves us and brings us through those times. I also lost a stepson many years ago. The pain of loss took time to heal (mostly). I can't imagine how impossibly hard my life would have been if I hadn't had Him to comfort and encourage me and my family. Thanks for sharing!
    Ann @ Christ in the Clouds
    http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.