Friday, September 27, 2013

5 Minute Friday Fun: TRUE

Hi there friend!

Hope you've had a great week!

Got the one word prompt for this week's Five Minute Friday Fun and I'm not sure how this one's gonna go. 

It's not that I have a lot to say this week. {surprising, I know}
It's just that I'm not sure how to explain what I want to say. {not a surprise}

So, I'll just get started and see how it goes.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

and GO!

TRUE

Did you know that "true north" is only a geographical direction?
Something you can find on a map or globe.

I think of God's word as our map to the "true north" in life.
The Bible shows us, from beginning to end, how to get from here {as in planet earth} to heaven.

The words of the LORD are true,
and all His works are dependable.
Psalm 33:4

Did you know that a compass doesn't point to the north pole?
It points to the magnetic north.
If you only follow that little needle you may never get to the north pole.
You've got to figure in the magnetic declination for where you're starting from.

And I think that God's Holy Spirit acts as our compass when we get off track of true north. 

If you wander off the road to the right or the left, 
you will hear His voice behind you saying, 
"Here is the road. Follow it."
Isaiah 30:21

God's word and His voice - best map and compass there ever will be!


and STOP!

Five Minute Friday


So I'm gonna go put myself in "time out" now. I kinda broke the "just write/no editing" rule.
I couldn't help myself and admit there was just a teensy bit of editing this week. *hanging my head*

Have a blessed weekend friend!

Love ya,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, here's my 3rd attempt at posting a comment. I linked up to you from FMF :-) I hope this one goes through. I just wanted to say what an amazing read this has been. The pursuit of truth leads us to follow the prompting of God's spirit in us. Thanks for this insight! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for not giving up to let me know you stopped by. :) And I'm glad you liked it. I'm gonna stop by your place now. Hoping you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea, the Holy Spirit is our compass. And thinking of God's word as our map...thanks for these thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.