Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12

Yep. Today's date is 10-11-12.
So friend, what did you do today?

I was kinda thinking that this would be a cool date to open my etsy shop - Miss Maribel's Place.

Nope. It's not gonna happen yet.

To be honest I've been struggling a bit with a few things.

Mostly I've struggled with not meeting this goal and my plan not working out. And I don't want to fail.

I'm the type of person that once I decide to do something, I'm all -  "Ok let's DO this!!. Like NOW people!"

Another struggle I'm having about this is the thought - what if this dream of mine is not really part of God's plan for my life?

As I pray for His guidance I sometimes find myself going -  la La LA LA {as in covering my ears and not listening}

Oh silly, silly me.
Why do I forget He has good plans and a purpose for me.
Why would I not want to listen? Is this esty shop thing more important than following Jesus?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11

He's been speaking to my heart to be patient and take it slow. Perhaps I'll share some of that one day soon, too. But not tonight.

Well friend, I don't have any answers.
Don't know when my shop will open.
Not even sure if it's in His plans for my life.

What I do know is He is faithful and His word is true. 
I guess the best thing to do now is keep on going forward with my dream. However, I'll do it with my ears and heart open to what plans He has for me.

They're really good plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.